The board has been working on these issues for many years. We do have Blue Cross and a few other insurance companies that provide reimbursement for services provided by our members but we cannot guarantee all. Every year the organization re-submit updated information to all insurance companies in Canada.
In addition practitioners cannot based their practice on or insurance re-imbursement to clients as this will result in frustration and shift of focus. Insurance companies provide only a very small amount of reimbursement. Services provided by members is also income tax deductible for the client. Individuals must be education on the value of health, for example, they go to the gym, hair salon, spa, facial manicure, skincare none of which is covered by any insurance but they go anyway.
Certification in the organization is not based on insurance but on the many benefits as outlined below. Please also see the type of insurance form used by our members for insurance reimbursement. The form show the name of the organization and the practitioners’ registration number etc.
Benefits of certification:
- Recognition throughout North America and accreditation in the United States and Canada.
- Certification as a Doctor of Natural Medicine(DNM) Registered Naturotherapy Practitioner(RNP) are recognized as meeting the standards in Traditional, Natural Medicine and Integrative Medicine education as established by the World Organization of Natural Medicine (WONM).
- Prestige of belonging to a vanguard organization that is composed of highly trained, qualified professionals with strong ethical principles.
- Opportunity to participate in WONM-Clinic for Humanity programs.
- Professional Continuing education workshops and Seminars.
- Regional Congresses and World Symposia with WONM affiliates worldwide.
- Doctoral (PhD) research and fellowship with WONM-University of Humanitarian Medicine and Canadian College of Humanitarian Medicine.
- Hospital internship and externship (in partnership with WONM- Clinics for Humanity™ program).
- North American Journal of Integrative Medicine
- Eligibility for special group rate on malpractice insurance.
- Eligibility for reimbursement of service fee by certain major insurance companies.