Keeping your certification current is vital and reaffirms your commitment to professionalism. It also demonstrates that you are receiving continuing education to stay atop emerging new developments in Natural Medicine. Thirty (30) hours of continuing education for doctors, twenty (20) hours for practitioner and ten (10) hours of humanitarian outreach under the auspices of Clinics for Humanity© annually, proof of current emergency medicine certification or CPR and evidence of professional liability insurance are mandatory for renewal. You must also attend the North American regional conference at least once in two years.
- You are required to attend the annual conference and professional day events to expand your knowledge and network with other members.
- You are required to complete forty (30) hours of continuing education courses which will enhance your capacity to administer an integrative medicine traditional natural medicine based healthcare approach to your clients.
- You are required provide ten (10) hours of free community healthcare services to the poor in your local community or international communities under the World Organization of Natural Medicine- Clinics for Humanity program.
- Maintenance of professional liability insurance is required yearly to validate membership.
- You are required to use your designations and logos of the organization on your business cards, websites and other advertising materials to bring more awareness to the public on traditional natural medicine.
BNMDP/NMCC has accredited The Canadian College of Humanitarian Medicine (CCHM) to provide professional development programs for members. http://www.cchm-edu.org